Smith River Beadwork and Supply

Search This Blog

Thursday, January 28, 2010

Olive Luster beads





When I first saw Olive Luster beads were available, I thought "no one will want these". I thought about avocado green appliances and wondered what colors would go good with this shade of green. I could see it being used for leaves, but not much else. I was wrong. I started seeing it available at other bead stores and when I bought some to sell, I quickly sold out. I met a Yakima beader who used this color as the main color for a barrette. Her choice of colors to go with it were beautiful as well. Overall, the effect is stunning. (Click the picture to get a larger image) A friend purchased the barrette for me because I kept commenting on it and going to the other beaders booth to look at it again. I have these beads in size 11/0, true cut, available on my site and I carry them to the powwows I attend. I have most of the bead colors that are in the barrette as well (the red iris is hard to find, so that one is not available in size 11/0). This color is also available in size 13/0, but I currently do not carry this color in this size. So if you have this bead and are looking for a good way to use it, here it is. I also like this color with dusty rose (cheyenne pink, crow pink), eggshell, pale blue, and dark red. *Your next muse*

1 comment:

  1. I would have the same reaction as you, but I always love colors people aren't fond of like the throw up greens, the mustard yellows and rusty reds..lol. This is beautiful. I would like to know the artisan. I am currently in the market looking for a new full jingle dress bead set. I would love to use this color as my main color. I have made my decision and this is it! Thank you for sharing.

    ReplyDelete