Smith River Beadwork and Supply

Search This Blog

Wednesday, January 5, 2011

Bolo Tie Finished





I finished the bolo tie. I gave it to my uncle and he said "Now I need somewhere to go so I can wear the matching set", so we are heading out on Friday. My next project is to make a pair of Hello Kitty beaded earrings for my niece's birthday. I didn't bead on the 3rd (because I was at work for 12 hours), but I did glue them down, so I consider that still working on beadwork. I just printed them on regular paper and used a glue stick to glue them to a piece of pellon. The pellon I use is the thickest one they had at the store and it has a heat-sensitive adhesive on the back. I haven't actually utilized the adhesive, but it is good to know that it is there if I ever need to. I need to have these done by Saturday, so I am glad that I have committed to working on beadwork every day. I think I might do something new, then finish a project, then something new, and alternate through the year. I think that most people I speak with about beading have several unfinished projects. I tend to put something down if I get tired of looking at the same bead color, or if it doesn't look the way I thought it would, or if I run out of the bead I'm using. I'm sure I quit working on them for other reasons too. *Your Next Muse*

No comments:

Post a Comment